Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Author Interview


Andre Alan
December 21, 2012

Courtesy of Brook Syers Blog
http://brooksyers.blogspot.com/p/author-interviews.html






Hello and welcome to The Brook Syers Blog!  Are you ready for some really tough questions?  Just kidding, I’ll go easy on you. 

Thanks, I’m still new to all this.

Tell us a little about yourself? Perhaps something not many people know?

Something that not too many people know…,

What made you want to become a writer?

I have always felt a need to create something. I was never really good at math so engineer was out of the question. Since I used to draw cartoon characters when I was young I eventually started creating my own characters and then making stories for them.

Do you have any hidden or uncommon talents?

Not unless you count the ability to play videos games for hours on end then no, I can’t really think of anything. I’m a pretty basic dude.

What gives you inspiration for your book(s)?

Crappy TV shows and sucky movies. Have you ever seen or read something that made you wonder, who thought this was a good idea. I want to create entertainment that takes people on a journey.

Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?

Almost entirely from my imagination. I do like to take certain character traits from people that I have met, but it’s mostly a mixing and matching of identities.

Could you tell us a bit about your most recent book and why it is a must-read?

My most recent book is my debut sci-fi, fantasy novel, Heaven’s Fate. This story is the uncovering of a hero who wants nothing more than to follow his father’s footsteps, into the grave. Thame Elliot is blinded by revenge while his aunt, the first empress of the human nation tries to prevent a war. With God’s that grant paladins special powers and what some to believe a corrupt church under the control of a secret organization, Heaven’s Fate transports the reader to magical world of Threa, with dragons, demons, and ghouls, oh my. LOL (sorry couldn’t help myself)

What do you love most about the writing process?

I love the creation process and seeing a story take shape before your eyes. I love to take blank pieces of paper and turn them into works of art, one way or another.

Of all the characters you have created, which is your favorite and why?

I think my two favorite characters would have to be a tie between Miles Xavier and Autumn Augustus. Miles because I feel like the key to a good story is a believable villain. Autumn because I think she is a strong female character.

What is the biggest surprise that you experienced after becoming a writer?

My biggest surprise would be the difference between how writers are romanticized in popular fiction compared to the reality.

Do you have a day job in addition to being a writer?  If so, what do you do during the day? 

Other than managing my investments from time to time, I am a writer all day.

Tell us a little about your plans for the future.  Where do you see yourself as a writer in five years?  Do you have any other books in the works?

In five years I see myself with several novels under my belt and maybe even something that is a moving picture.

Right now I am working on the second book in the Heaven Trilogy, Winter’s Legacy. That novel will be out some time next year.

And now, just some little random questions!

Favorite TV show?
The Big Bang Theory

Favorite movie?
The Matrix

Favorite city?
My home town of Hartford, CT

Favorite food?
Crab legs

Favorite book?
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

To conclude, is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Thanks for the support and stay tuned for more exciting and action packed and intense works of fiction.

It was a pleasure hosting you on my blog today.  I wish you all the best in your career!

Thank you very much.

Please provide links to the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment